Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 12, 2012


Hey SOOOOO I went to the Mexican consulate yesterday so I can leave here any day. Ahhh Im soo excited.  Sooo other sweet news that has happened this week is I have my first baptismal dates and they are both from Mexico and Anita is from Veracruz. There arent any missionaries in her area right now and I know that finding and talking to her was one of the reasons I stayed here in the referral center. It is nothing short of a miracle. JoJo is from mexico city where the other half of my district are going and he is getting baptized January 10th. The lord works in his own way and I have come to realize that when we submit ourselves to his will we will be blessed and I feel like I have seen those blessings here in the RC. I am doing awesome needless to say my spanish is not the best by any means but that isnt what is most important being able to bring others unto Jesus Christ and I feel like my Spanish will get there as I study and do what our Heavenly Father would have me do and that is feed his sheep. So I have been studying the Book of Mormon and The New Testament at the same time recently trying to read 2-3 chapters from both a day. I love the New Testament and I feel like I am coming to know my savior more and more by learning who he was and how he acted. I love how much faith plays a role in everything we do and that has really been made evident to me in studying about Christ. In the Book of Mormon I am in Alma 42 and I love reading the counsels of  Alma to his sons. Alma 40 is awesome you should read it this week.
   I love you all so very much and I will leave you with a short testimony that I know with out a shadow of a doubt that this is the true church in the earth today and that Jesus Christ himself is at the head of it. I know that Jesus Christ lives, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and I know that because I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that our Heavenly Father Loves us so very much and he desires all of us to return back into his presence. I know that Christ died for me and you and that his atonement is the only way we can. I have felt the power of the atonement in my life and I love my savior even more so know because of it and I cant wait to tell him face to face how much I love him and how very grateful I am for all that he has done for me.I love you all so very much and may God be with you till we meet again.
Love you son, brother, and friend Elder Ryan Thomas Lehikainen

No comments:

Post a Comment