Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 11, 2013 Holaaaa!!!!!



Ahhh what another amazing week here in Mexico!!! We were able to baptize again. We baptized two jovens Anakarina and Carlos. They are so great and so excited to be in the church and to now have the gift of the holy ghost. We are still working on getting the rest of there family baptized. Their dad is awesome and should be baptized in two months. The Lord continues bless us with families. We found a single mother with 4 daughters this past week and they were at church Sunday. Adriana and her 2 oldest daughters (twins) have a baptismal date for the 23. They are so awesome mom and dad they just read and read the chapters we give them and have so many questions. They are so awesome and cute. We also have a baptism planned for this upcoming Saturday. His name is Brando and he is 16 years old. His aunt and cousins are members. This past Sunday we gave him a challenge to pray during the sacrament to see if this baptism is what he needs to do and if it is what his heavenly father wants him to do. He did after sacrament he told us that he prayed and that he wants to be baptized this Saturday. So we are waiting to see if his parents will sign so that he can be baptized. Oh I gave another talk this past week. I spoke on how daily prayer, reading our scriptures daily and attending sacrament meeting weekly will enable us to stay firm in the gospel and endure to the end. There are a ton of less active members here so I hope I made my point that they have to pray, read the Book of Mormon and go to church. 
  No, I haven't had anyone ask me about my teeth and lets be honest my teeth aren't as good as Nate's, ha ha. So the language is coming. I still have a ton to learn, ha ha ,but this past week Elder Charles had to give an interview in a city about 30 minutes away so we had divisions. I showed the area and pretty much taught all of the lessons by myself which was pretty cool to see how much I have grown in my Spanish the last 8 weeks. Dad transfers are this next week but Elder Charles and I will be staying here because I am training and more then likely I will stay here another transfer after that to show the area. But I am more than fine with that I love Cosamaloapan it is home. Its weird it just feels like home now. I cant really put it into words. I have really come to love my converts and investigators and the members here. I think that has what changed everything for me down here and why we have started to have some success. Because Elder Charles and I have really started to love the people here and one another. I think that truly makes the difference with the spirit you are able to have with you and bring into the houses of those you teach. So this past week Elder Charles and I bought some hammockas and we have been sleeping in them haha. They are so comfortable in the heat. Everyone as hammocks down here so we thought we would do as the natives do. When in rome right. So I haven't said anything about the heat yet down here but it is flipping hot I am in one of the hottest areas in the mission and the most humid. We are always wet its weird lol.
 I am in 3 Nephi 20 now and let me just say 3 Nephi is amazing there is nothing better than reading the words and teachings of christ. I love chapter 18 and how it speaks of sacrament and pray. If you would like to read that, That would be awesome. I have been using some versing in there alot this past week and used some about prayer in my talk. We truly have to pray always and partake of the sacrament weekly. I found 3 verses in D&C 58 that I really like verses 26-28. Other than that I have been studying alot about how we all can recieve answers to our prayers. And what I got out of my studies more than anything is that we must  have the faith necessary to receive the answer. Faith is so important in this life and in all that we we do. In Jesus the Christ Elder Talmage talks a lot about the faith of the people Christ healed. Jesus Christ himself could not of healed the people he did if those he healed didn't have the faith necessary. I have been thinking about that a lot and if I really have the faith I need to have to do this work. I would like to hope so but I continue to try my best and put my trust in both my savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven in all that I do. 
   I love you all so very much and I am so very glad for all of the emails you send me every week and the prayers that you all offer for me. I pray for you all every night and like I say often I cant wait to see you all in the temple one day. I know that this work in the work of the lord and that he is with me everyday here in Mexico. I know that this church is true with all of my heart and soul. I know that Christ is at the head of this church and that he lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of god and that as we live by its precepts we will come to know our savior and gain a testimony of him. I love my heavenly father and I know that he loves me. I love my savior Jesus Christ and I am eternally grateful for the willing sacrifice he gave for me. I love all of you so very much and may god be with you till we meet again.
Love Elder Lehikainen

No comments:

Post a Comment