Tuesday, February 12, 2013

January 7, 2013

Snack time
Elder Lehikainen outside his house in Cosamaloapan
  Hola Hola!!! mi familia!!!,
    So marisol bailed on us again ahhhh she left for 2 weeks to the port of veracruz but I think the lord is trying to tell us something but we still had a great sunday. We actually had been really thinking and pondering about how we can find a family to teach and needless to say fast sunday couldnt have come at a better time. So we fasted to be ablle to find 2 families this upcoming week and yesterday bishop had recieved 2 referances and we went and visited one of them last night with him. First let me tell you how blessed I am to be working with Bishop Rodriquez he is a spiritual stud and is so so so pumped for missionary work. So we had a great lesson with this part member family and the spirit was very strong. The husbands name is carlos and he is a member but his wife and 4 kids are not and I cant help but picture them in the temple with there children being sealed. We also have been teaching this man named felipe he has had a hard life but his heart is truly looking for what his heavenly father wants him to do. His family is very catholic by tradition and there has been alot of opposition from them. But last night the spìrit was able to touch his heart and he accepted a baptismal date for the 20th. Yesterday really got me pumped again for this work and even though we did not have the baptism we planned it was a great day. Elder Charles and I have been working really really hard. oh dad here is my usual day 1.Arise at 6:30 and until work out read and eat and shower until 8. second personal study until 9 and from 9-11 comp study then 11-12 estudiamos nuestro idioma. then from 12-9 we have lessons accept for 2-3 we have lunch with a sister. We have been really trying to squeezeas possible every day dad and a couple days this past week we have been running from lesson to lesson. The people here in veracruz are very opèn and kind but they seem to lack the desire to act. This upcoming week we are going to work on being bolder and I think that is what our heavenly father wants us to do.

    This past week was a little crazy they party like crazy down here during the holidays there have been drunks all over the streets and I am thankful for the promptings of the spirit to know what streets to walk down and what streets not to. Oh mom there has been fireworks everywhere haha like ridiculous fireworks on New Years and pretty much all week. We have been saying its almost like a war at night haha. It has been way fun I love it down here. But I have been safe and I know that the lord has one or many have his angels walking next to Elder Charles and I every night. Bishop has a dog and that has been a blessing. I have felt safe here every night.
   I have been studying more and more for our investigators every morning and trying to find scriptures that can help them. Scriptures that explain what we need to do plainly and simply. This past week I came across alma 5:26-29 it talks about we need to prepare ourselves quickly (pronto in spanish). I love that and if you would can you read alma 5 :) I also have been reading Jesus The Christ and I love coming to know my savior little by little. He loves us so very much and  I absolutly love testifying of him and the atonement he made for us. Oh this past week we gave about 8 blessings and mom and dad and the power of the priesthood is real when we have faith and the person recieving the blessing has faith anything is possible. Although I dont know the language very well still I can still feel the spirit and the spirit testifies the same way in every language. I love that and I love you all so very much. I am happier than I have ever been in my entire life and I am so very grateful for the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ for these two years. I love this gospel and this church I know it is true with my entire heart. I can testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of god. That Jose Smith is a prophet and he restored the church of Christ back onto this earth. I know that my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ lives and I love him so very much. I know he died for us and I know because he died for us we can return as an eternal family to our heavenly father. I love you all so very much and I am so grateful for the support that you give me. God be with you ´till we meet again.
love your son, brother and friend,

-Elder Ryan Thomas lehikainen

No comments:

Post a Comment