Tuesday, November 13, 2012

October 17, 2012




Hola mi padres y madres,
     I have only been here for 3 weeks but it seems like I have been here for a couple months .Dad no my companion Elder Dow is going to Trujio, Peru and the other elders in my district are either going to Mexico City north west or Veracruz. We just combined with our sister district last night and no more Elder Hill. Half of our district left to the Peru MTC and that is why we combined. My esponal is muy mal at the moment lol but my lessons are getting there. You all know how much I hate to be bad at something so it has been very humbling but I have come to know that I must trust in the lord. As I have been struggling to learn the language I have found peace once I realized why I am trying to learn spanish. It’s not for me but for those people of VeraCruz that the Lord has prepared to hear his message. Once I finally understood this my lessons started to come right along. I finally memorized the first vision in spanish and as a companionship we were able to quote it to our "investigator" which was very nice. There is something about quoting and looking at the person in the eyes that enables the spirit to be there just that much more. In my personal study this morning I was in D&C 34 and I replaced my name in for Brother Pratt’s and It was very  inspiring. Emily and all of the family should look it up when you have the time. I have been studying alot about God’ s love for us as well and how we become refined through the holy ghost. I shared some stuff I had been studying about "baptism by fire" and the holy ghost with our district last night after our devotional and I though I would share it with you. I was reading in 3 Nephi 24 and I think verses 5 to 7 and it kinda hit me how through the holy ghost or the refiners fire and trials in our lives we are molded and cleansed to become the men or women that our Heavenly Father and our savior Jesus Christ desire us to be. Through time and refinement we all become closer to our heavenly father and become more Christlike by developing his attributes. Also this morning I ended up in 1Nephi 11:22-23 and it says  that the love of god or word of god is the most desirable thing to feel and most joyous to have in ones life. I know that this is one of the many reasons that I am serving a mission for my heavenly father so that I can be the tool in his hands so that some of his children may have is teachings in there life and feel of his love.I Love you all so very much and I am very excited for Emily and to see her here in the MTC. I know that this is the work that I am supposed to be doing and I KNOW that we are all children of our heavenly father and he loves us so very much. Yo se que atreves de jesucristo nosotros puedemos volver con dios por eteridad. Yo se que el libro de mormon es verderadero Y palabra de dios. Yo se que Dios ama todos personas en la tierra. Yo se que Jesucristo es el hijo de dios Y es nuestro salvador. Yo se que atreves de jesucristo nosotros puedemos estar limpio. Amen That is some of my testimony in spanish I dont know if I spelled some stuff right but I hope you can get some of it.
   I want you all to know that I can feel the prayers you say for me and that I know we can be together forever and I am so grateful for that gift and blessing our heavenly father has given us. I love your letters and I cant wait to get to Mexico and start teaching. God be with you until we meet again love your son, brother and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment