Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 7, 2012


   Hola mi familia!! como estan? How is everyone doing? you all must be busy I didnt have an email from anyone but alyssa today. thanks alyssa for writing me I love you. How was fast sunday? Did anyone besides Dad dan un testimonio? I was able to bare my testimony in spanish which was pretty special to me. I have been studying alot about the atonement I try to move on and study other things during my personal study but I always end up returning to the atonement. I guess I need to better understand it. I love learning more and more about the savior and what he has done for me. At times I have felt pretty down and alone but each morning I study the scriptures and I can feel the spirit and I know that my father in heaven loves me and I know that my savior Jesus Christ loves me. I have been thinking and talking alot with Brother Monson about the savior being more then our savior we should strive to become his friend. I have been thinking alot about that and how Christ is our older brother and it had me thinking that he is our biggest fan so to speak he is up in the heavens rooting us on every step of the way. This is one of the reasons baring my testimony this week was so very special. I can honestly say that I can testify that Jesus is The Christ and that he died for me and bleed from every pore of his body for me and for my sins. He knows what I go through and what all of you go through. Christ knows how it feels to be all alone he went through that in the garden of Gethsemane (sorry if I spelled that wrong) he did that so we don't have to be alone ever when we are going through a trial. He will always be there for us. sorry I am blabbering on but I am so passionate about the savior now and I didn't know that I was capable of it 7 weeks ago. The greatest blessing we of the MTC and going on a foreign speaking mission is that I have 9 weeks to become more converted myself and through that I can look my investigators in the eye with my baby spanish that I know and testify to them that whatever they are going through there is a way out of it and there is a way to happiness and I know for myself that the way is and can only be through Jesus Christ. ( I think that is in 2 Nephi 31)

  All in all I am doing great and I am absolutely loving the mission so far and I can not wait to get out into the field and invite others to come unto Christ. This is the work the lord wants me to do and I am so grateful for parents that raised me the right way.  Can you all read Mosiah 3 sometime this week I have come to love this chapter and how it talks about salvation comes through Christ. Who would have thought that I would come to love the scriptures the way that I have. In my Spanish scriptures I will have to send you a picture next week because I am getting them engraved right now but I have a whole system worked out and tabs everywhere. I have come to realize that there is a scripture for just about everything lol I have to ask you all again this week where are you in your Book of Mormon. I am in Mosiah 18 this morning and I just finished reading about Abinadi we all should dare to be as bold as he was. I love you all very much and would love to hear from you. God be with you till we meet again.

Love Elder Lehikainen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment